<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: How to Rescue a Dress from the Donate Pile

Friday, April 12, 2013

How to Rescue a Dress from the Donate Pile

IMG_4505
 Blazer: Tulle; Dress: swapped and Dyed; Heels: Zappos (similar); 
Earrings: Buffalo Exchange; Belt: Target (similar)

Happy Friday! I wore this dress which I found at a clothing swap last summer.   As a simple dress, I got a little bored with the color and was thinking about tossing it in the to-donate pile for my next thrifting trip.  But I decided to get a box of RIT Dye and see if I could give it a fresh look with color.  I'm happy with the results.  For a person who doesn't have sewing skills (yet), a box of dye is my favorite way to give clothing a new look.  If you have one, what's your favorite way to rescue items from the donate pile?

IMG_4504

I've decided to move my links of the week post to Saturday, so expect to see it tomorrow!  
Have a lovely weekend.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At April 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM , Anonymous kiesh said...

i love it!

 
At April 12, 2013 at 12:49 PM , Anonymous Jhan said...

Love the color. I think orange complements our skin tone very well....
P.S. How do you stretch your twist-outs?

 
At April 12, 2013 at 3:18 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

OH totally amazing dye job! i love your 'new' orange dress!

 
At April 12, 2013 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous dotty said...

the new color is AMAZING! what an awesome transformation!

dash dot dotty

 
At April 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady! I do twist outs with whatever products I have at-hand. Currently using Oyin juices and berries, Vatika oil, and Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk.

 
At April 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At April 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! I'm so happy I dyed it rather than trading it in.

 
At April 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At April 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous chrisi lydon said...

SUCH a good idea!!!!! you look fabulous.

 
At April 17, 2013 at 12:02 AM , Anonymous Maggie | 2ndhand Knowledge said...

Great idea - I love it! I've considered doing this to a few items before but I never actually have. I'm always worried I'll destroy it, haha.


http://2ndhandknowledge.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home