<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Faux Peplum

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Faux Peplum

IMG_3977
Top: Swapped; Skirt: F21; Earrings: H&;M (old); Belt: H&M; Shoes: Zappos

Hope your week got off to a great start! 

I thought it would be fun to wear a vaguely patriotic outfit in honor of the Olympics.  I also decided to fake a peplum style top since I don't currently own one.  I love watching the Olympic coverage.  I have favorite sports I enjoy watching (track and field, swimming, tennis, gymnastics), but don't mind watching just about any competition covered.  I know it's sounds cliche, but I think that every athlete that makes it to the Olympics is a winner.  You don't just wake up one day and decide to be a world class athlete, it takes years of hard work, focus and vision.

Now if only there was a fashion styling Olympics, I'd definitely compete ; - )

IMG_3980

IMG_3978

Currently reading: The Creative Habit By Twyla Tharpe

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At July 31, 2012 at 3:09 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

I love, LOVE the polka dots with the leopard shoes!!! Perfection! And the red belt too. I'm swooning...

 
At July 31, 2012 at 9:10 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

the white pencil looks so great with the navy and red, those colors were just meant to be together.

 
At August 1, 2012 at 12:06 AM , Anonymous Elizabeth Fassbender said...

The polka dots plus pop of red look fantastic together! Such a classic look!

 
At August 1, 2012 at 4:52 AM , Anonymous Shamelessly Overdressed said...

Hi! I'm a fellow blogger who just found your blog, and I love your style!   

Wanna follow each other through GFC / Bloglovin'?

Hope to see you around! :) 

Love, S
http://shamelesslyoverdressed.blogspot.com

I'm hosting a giveaway! (Enter through my blog)

 
At August 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM , Anonymous Jupe_Cambria said...

Love that you went patriotic!  Really cute with the smidge of leopard too :)  I love your ruffly top belted like a peplum, makes it look vintage glamourous...just like you always do!

Have you read anything good lately?  It would be nice to see a review again.

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

 
At August 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home