<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Striped

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Striped

Black White and Red 1
Blazer: F21; Skirt: F21; Clutch: purchased in San Francisco; 
Earrings: ?; Necklace: Claire's

black and white and red 2

I read in the paper recently that according to Bundle DC is the ninth most fashionable city.  According to this list, higher spending on clothing translates into being more fashionable...I was surprised that Irvine, CA, not New York, NY was number #1 on the list.  As a DC resident, I certainly see fashionable ladies and gents in DC on a regular basis.  But this list doesn't take into account the countless eco-conscious fashionable folks that refashion, swap, and buy items second-hand. There are also a number of style-conscious people that shop regularly, but just don't spend exorbitant amounts on items.

What I love most about personal style is that style is not limited to a particular price-point. So after reading about how fashionable DC is in comparison to other cities, I noted the list then promptly put the paper that contained the list and accompanying article in the recycle bin...

Black White and Red 3

Here's to a productive, fashionable (and budget-friendly) week!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At May 1, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Anonymous Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

That striped jacket is amazing! I have a similar one and I wear it ALL the time!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 12:32 PM , Anonymous Natasha Fatah said...

I think you need to donate that blazer to me when you're bored with it. :)
xoxo
http://natashafatah.com

 
At May 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

I would definitely find it hard to believe NYC isn't #1, but clearly you are helping to make DC more fashionable every day!

 
At May 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I can't believe this jacket is F21... love it! I'm actually not surprised New York isn't #1. There's a lot of money in New York, but in my opinion there is seriously a lot of money in California. It's sort of like... my dad works for Warner Bros. vs. my dad owns Warner Bros. I think New York also has a way larger and more diverse population than Orange County, too. 

 
At May 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM , Anonymous Oh to Be a Muse said...

I think this striped blazer is fabulous!

I read that same article. They named Irvine the #1  city based on the amount of money spent at high-end retailers. So since Irvine is in the O.C., they spend more money on clothes, but it doesn't mean they are stylish or most fashionable, as we as fashion bloggers know that you don't have to spend a ton of money on clothes to be stylish. Your F21 blazer is a testament of that!

 
At May 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thank you lady!  If having a lot of money was a requirement for personal style, I would have given away the contents of my closet except the basics a long time ago : )

 
At May 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Good points!

 
At May 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady! And you are definitely making your area (New England?) more fashionable every day with your amazing outfits.

 
At May 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM , Anonymous Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

I'm so in love with striped blazers these days.  I can't believe yours is from F21!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home