<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Style Profile: Two Stylish Kays

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Style Profile: Two Stylish Kays

Style Profile - Two Stylish Kays 3
Photos: courtesy of KayCee of Two Stylish Kays

This month's Style Profile comes from KayCee of Two Stylish Kays. KayCee is a personal stylist and a thrift shopping guru that puts together great outfits.  KayCee also covers great fashion events in Atlanta.  Now let's get to the interview questions!

Shen Dove: What inspired you to start your blog and how did you come up with the title? 

KayCee:  I started my personal style blog to celebrate my love of fashion, thrift shopping and inspiring women to look stylish all the time. The name Two Stylish Kays describes the fun I have mixing trendy fashion with classic style and retail brands at resale prices.

Shen Dove: How would you describe your personal style? Have you seen your style evolve since you started your blog? 

KayCee: My dominant style is classic. I enjoy having longstanding staples that I can wear year round and look effortless. But I do enjoy mixing in a few trendy pieces to give my outfit an unexpected element to make me stand out. Since doing my blog, I find that I'm willing to wear new styles and trends that I probably would not have tried in the past.

Shen Dove: What do you enjoy most about blogging about style and fashion? 

KayCee: Overall blogging has offered me so many opportunities to meet like-minded women who are passionate about fashion. I love reading comments from my readers and I feel honored when they say that I have inspired them to try a new style.

Shen Dove: How has the city/town you live in influenced your style? 

KayCee: I was born on the beautiful island of Trinidad, but grew up in New Orleans. In both cultures, women are very comfortable in their own skin and it's not taboo to be exposed or too sexy. Especially when wearing costumes in bold, vibrant colors during Carnival and Mardi Gras. So I love wearing clothes that enhance my body and express my mood.

Style Profile - Two Stylish Kays 1


Shen Dove: What make-up, nail polish or accessories are you excited about wearing this fall? 

KayCee: I am very excited about wearing the infinity scarf, cherry red leather gloves and my camel colored cape.

Shen Dove: You are a fan of thrift shopping which I think is so great because its eco-friendly and you can usually make your money stretch further. Do you have any tips for readers that may not tried thrift shopping yet? 

KayCee: (1) Look for bargains - Most clothes at thrift stores are used so take advantage of the low prices. But don’t simply buy items because of the price. Make sure that it is something that you love and can integrate into your wardrobe. (2) Stock up on accessories - One of my favorite finds when shopping in thrift stores is the costume jewelry section. The selection ranges from vintage to trendy. I also stock up on leather belts, clutch purses and scarfs. These are great items that are an easy way to update and transform an outfit. (3) Experiment with a new style or the season’s hottest trends - The huge selection of clothing available at thrift stores is a great way to try out a new style. It’s an inexpensive investment to determine if you would like a certain look. Plus there is no guilt from paying full price for items that may end up in your closet unloved. (4) Spend Time, Save Money - One of the most important things to remember about secondhand style is that it requires patience and thinking outside the box. Unlike department store shopping, where you are wowed rack after rack of clothing, a thrift stores is sometimes a hit or miss. But if you can spend the time, you will find so many new inexpensive additions for your wardrobe.

Style Profile - Two Stylish Kays 2


Shen Dove: What are some of your interests/hobbies outside of fashion blogging? Do you have any hidden talents? 

KayCee: I am a personal stylist, own a formal dress rental company and co-host fashion swaps.

Shen Dove: I love that you have so many entrepreneurial endeavors! Do you have any personal style rules you live by? If so what are they? 

KayCee: My mom introduced me secondhand stores at an early age, so I learned the joy of thrift shopping and how to create fashionable wardrobes on a modest budget. So my personal style motto is, "Personal style is a look that is all your own. It’s not about how much money you spend, but how you wear your clothes."

Shen Dove: Thanks for the Interview KayCee!  Be sure to check out the great blog Two Stylish Kays if you don't yet have it bookmarked!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Anonymous Kay Cee of Two Stylish Kays said...

Thanks so much for featuring me on your blog. I truly appreciate it!

 
At December 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM , Anonymous Tissa said...

I've enjoyed this interview and I also follow Two Stylish Kay's blog and twitter. Very stylish!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home