<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Seersucker and White

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Seersucker and White

IMG_2926
Blazer: Zara (kid's section); Dress: The Limited (old); Shoes: Calvin Klein via Marshalls; 
 Sunnies: Target; Necklace: Francesca's; Earrings: purchased in Mexico

This dress which is nine years old was originally worn at my high school graduation.*
I'm so happy that I have a dress that has stood the test of time and that I can see myself wearing for seasons to come.  After looking at a calendar and realizing that the summer is nearly over, I wanted to wear this dress at least once before Labor Day.  I'm not against wearing white after Labor Day, but there's nothing like wearing white (and seersucker) on a summer day.

IMG_2927


*If you didn't already have a general idea of how old I am, now you do : )

Labels:

8 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

white and seersucker are pretty much the epitome of summer style - and that labor day stuff is nonsense. It's summer until it's fall - not labor day.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Anonymous Mrs. J said...

I don't believe in that silly rule and I agree with Lyddie it's summer until it's fall! 
I love pieces that stand the test of time and I love your seersucker blazer. 

ps. I'll be reaching my 9 years out of high school next summer..lol :)

 
At August 18, 2011 at 2:41 PM , Anonymous Sorren Isler said...

I love love this look! Anything nautical is always so fresh in the spring and summer - it just makes me want to be in the water (if I had a boat, I'd say on the water..)

I think i've been out of high school for 9 years too now, hmm how the time flies

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:55 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

You're so right!

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!  High school doesn't seem that long ago until you start adding up the years : )

 
At August 18, 2011 at 10:57 PM , Anonymous dotty said...

ha!  my ten year reunion is next year which makes us the SAME AGE!  i wish i could remember what i wore to my high school graduation...hmmm.

 
At August 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Shasie said...

oooh I really like that pinstriped blazer! Chic!

 
At November 18, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Anonymous alllison said...

Zara kids!! YAY GIRL!!! I do it all the time. Great blazer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home