<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Peach and Red

Monday, August 15, 2011

Peach and Red

IMG_2891
Dress: Buffalo Exchange; Belt: H&M; Bag: Buffalo Exchange; Shoes: Target: Sunnies: Target
Earrings: ?; Necklace: JessLC; Bracelets: H&M; Watch Francesca's

This dress was a recent find from the Buffalo Exchange.  The day I bought this dress, there were several cute dresses in my size, which was lucky!  The floor must have just been replenished with stock before I arrived.  I saw the exact same dress in my size in a dark green, but opted for this peach color instead.  I also saw this dress in my size and still have a bit of nonbuyer's remorse for not purchasing it. Oh well, it happens.

My dress is ankle length without tucking it into a belt.  I thought about hemming it, but I think I'll leave it as it so I'll have the option of wearing it both ways.  As a short, petite gal, my first instinct is to always hem an item, but sometimes, it's okay to have a bit more length in dresses or skirts.

Photo on right: dress in original length; Photo on left: dress shortened with belt
outfit 8-15-11

IMG_2888

Okay, I've talked enough about dresses, here's to a great week!

Labels:

16 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 8:09 PM , Anonymous A Diva State of Mind said...

Cute look! I am loving that belt. Have a great week :)

 
At August 15, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 9:23 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I like it both long and short. I never would have thought to temporarily shorten a dress by tucking it into a belt. I want to try it with one of my maxis! 

 
At August 16, 2011 at 12:35 AM , Anonymous Kari Gulbrandsen said...

this dress is so pretty on you!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 1:54 AM , Anonymous Mrs. J said...

The dress is beautiful and both lengths could work. I like the wide belt you added!! :)

 
At August 16, 2011 at 2:19 AM , Anonymous online shopping uk said...

This Dress is Wonderful, You Look so gorgeous in this awesome dress!! Matching Red Purse provides perfect compliment to your adorable dress!!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 9:52 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!  I love wide stretchy belts because they are so great for adjusting lengths of skirts and dresses. Definitely give it a try!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 9:53 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks so much!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 10:02 AM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

Oh my god, go back for the striped dress immediately!! Now! Hurry!
(not that the peach polka dots aren't adorable, just that I happen to be in love with the striped one, hence my own striped dress quest)

 
At August 16, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Anonymous Oh to Be a Muse said...

gorgeous look. do you wear your hair out often?

 
At August 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Anonymous Audrey @ Putting Me Together said...

Beautiful!  Always lookin' chic.

 
At August 16, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Anonymous Dasi said...

It's such a pretty outfit, so feminine, you look great!

 
At August 16, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

I did go back and the dress as gone, oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be : /

 
At August 16, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thank lady! I haven't worn my hair out it quite a while.  I will soon though since the weather is cooling off.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 8:57 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks lady!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 12:34 AM , Anonymous Electricians in Coventry    said...

This Out is simple,
elegant but still attractive Due to its unique color combination!! You Look
Stunning in this Simple outfit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home