<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Natural Mood Enhancer

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Natural Mood Enhancer

23 of 30
Cardi: Nordstrom (junior's); Dress: Mod Cloth; Belt: H&M; Shoes: Calvin Klein via Marshalls; 
Bag: thrifted

I love bright colors, but yellow is truly a favorite.  Wearing yellow instantly brightens my mood and always adds visual interest when worn with neutral and bold colors alike.  

IMG_2748

According to color theory, yellow is associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy.  So the next time you want to channel any of those feelings, put on your favorite shade of yellow and greet the world with a smile.  It works for me!

IMG_2745

Yellow | Everybody, Everywear

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 9:38 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

Oh I love it with the wide red belt and the black & white dress. This is SUCH a fun yet ladylike outfit. You look amazing. I really love this!

Come take a look inside A Working Mom's Closet

 
At July 12, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

sounds like a good plan! Yellow is definitely able to make me smile. And I love your dress, the bold black and white print is fabulous!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Anonymous Shasie said...

Love your look for Everybody, Everywear, and I totally agree that yellow is such a "Happy" color!



Shasie of Live
Life in Style

Please
Facebook like my Blogger Contest List on Fashiolista

 
At July 13, 2011 at 1:56 AM , Anonymous Jeanofalltrades said...

I agree - it's so cheery. I like how you styled the yellow with the orange belt. Very citrus-y. It looks great with the geometric pattern of your dress.

 
At July 13, 2011 at 6:19 AM , Anonymous Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a cute look! Love the cardigan!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Anonymous April said...

Love the POP of color from your  cardi and belt! Looks great with those neutral colors!

 
At July 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Anonymous Linda said...

Love the yellow vest ♥
like to follow eachother/

 
At July 14, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Anonymous Kimbercrafts said...

I love your yellow look - I think the bold belt makes the outfit!

 
At July 19, 2011 at 12:16 AM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

Have a bit of downtime tonight to read blogs :)  I never knew that yellow could actually brighten your mood, but that totally makes sense.  It is such a happy color.  I've always loved red and yellow together-- I've even used mustard and burgundy together in home decor.  

 
At October 24, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Anonymous Spring Flowerchild said...

I'm all over that yellow with the huge red belt.  This makes me smile :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home