<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Friend Friday: Hair Care

Friday, May 27, 2011

Friend Friday: Hair Care

Friday's here! So this week's Friend Friday questions revolve around hair care. Hair styling is not my thing, but I do try to keep my hair healthy.  So here are my answers!


Buns and Updos are my go-to hair styles

How often do you get your hair cut? I should get get my hair trimmed every few weeks, but the reality is that I get a trim every few months.  I plan to be more consistent with trims in the future.
    Do you go to the same stylist each time, try someone new, go to the cheap hair cutting chains or live it up in a salon?  I am currently in between stylists.  I haven't quite found a stylist that I like that fits within my price point.  It's been a bit of a challenge because I want a stylist that can deal with natural hair and that can give me nice styles (in my natural texture and blown out) without sacrificing the health of my hair.  I've been doing my own hair for the past several months, but when I have gotten straight hair styles, I've gone to my local Aveda school.  I've gotten twisted styles at an all natural hair salon close to where I live in DC.
      Do you color your hair? How often? What’s your natural color? I've never had color in my hair, or any chemicals for that matter.  My natural hair color is very dark, nearly black.  I do try to do henna gloss treatments on my hair every few weeks, but that's mainly for it's conditioning properties rather than the reddish tint that some people get with regular henna treatments. I've purchased henna from this site in the past.
      The one thing you always do to keep your hair looking great is: I am not really a "hair person", so I feel that I still have a lot to learn about making my hair "look great" but I do deep conditioning treatments every time I wash my hair and moisturize daily.  
        Carol's Daughter, one of the brands I use
      What hair trend do you love and wish you could rock? Sometimes, I'd like to get a crazy hair color like Rihanna and I'd love to try a big fro like Solange wears. 

        Fashion Beauty Friend Friday is a Google group for bloggers to discuss/answer questions on a given topic each week. Visit Katy of Modly Chic if you are interested in participating.

        Labels:

        3 Comments:

        At May 27, 2011 at 10:48 AM , Anonymous Kimberlee VDW said...

        I love the natural hair movement! We all should do some bold hair style once in our lives, right? :)

         
        At May 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM , Anonymous Kenesha Williams said...

        Hey, loved the post, it inspired me to do the same on my blog!  You always have great hair in your style photos. 

        http://cre8tiverookie.blogspot.com

         
        At May 28, 2011 at 1:35 AM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

        I feel like i'm always defaulting to the bun - chic and simple!

         

        Post a Comment

        Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

        << Home