<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Wardrobe rules

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wardrobe rules

teal and plaid
Skirt: vintage; Shirt: Old Navy; Belt: Urban Outfitters; Shoes: Go Jane Earrings: Mod Cloth

This skirt was purchased in January right before the 30 for 30.  Though I think this skirt is really better suited for the fall, I thought I'd get one wear out of it before spring arrives.  I have a rule I adhere to pretty strictly, that if I haven't worn something in the past season, that it has to get swapped, sold or given away.  There are some items in my closet that I will never part with, but for most items, if I don't wear it in a season, it makes no sense to have it taking up space in my closet.  I'm going to work on being smarter about what I add and subtract from my closet in the future.  From a fiscal standpoint it makes more sense for my spending habits to mature as I am growing older anyway. I don't want to be the little old lady that lived in the shoe because I chose to purchase clothing over saving my money.

Do you have any similar rules for how you make sure you are wearing all of the items you own?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 10, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Anonymous Sacramento said...

I have no rules, at last hahha.
That skirt, to a skirt lover like me, is heaven on earth.
Besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 
At March 10, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! I love skirts too! Especially ones with pockets!

 
At March 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM , Anonymous Synaptotastic said...

I absolutely love that skirt!

 
At March 12, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I love it! I can't believe believe you lasted so long not wearing it even if it was 30 for 30, I wouldn't have been able to resist. I could see you wearing it with bare legs, sandals, and a mustard top for spring... but I do agree, it seems like it's a heavier weight and you'll probably get more wear out of it in the fall!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home