<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Stylish Shoes: Baby Phat Paula Shoe

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stylish Shoes: Baby Phat Paula Shoe

As a Lucky Alpha Shopper, I became aware that Baby Phat offers a shoe called the Paula shoe and was asked my opinion on the look and versatility of the shoe.

Jacket: Zara (girls section); Jeans: Urban Outfitters (BDG); Top: Charlotte Russe; Baby Phat Paula Shoes: Courtesy of Lucky Magazine; Earrings: Amani DC; Necklace: Vintage



Versatility
Though these shoes aren’t appropriate office-wear for my place of employment, I could definitely envision the Paula shoe being worn on weekends, vacations or after hours events. I could style these shoes for daytime without difficulty, but I really think they are more appropriate for evening-wear.  As a petite girl, I have a fondness for (high) heels, especially when I go out on weekends and evenings. 

'Paula' shoe three ways
As a girl on a budget, the remixing (ability to wear an item in numerous ways) rule that I apply to clothing also applies to shoes. These shoes could be easily remixed with items I already own such as a printed dress, a maxi skirt, tank and jean jacket, or a pair of jeans, embellished top and a leather jacket (as I'm wearing in these pictures). Stay tuned for photo examples of two other looks soon!

Where to Wear the Paula Shoe?
Because of the height of these shoes, they would most likely be worn for activities where more sitting is involved like dinner or a sit-down concert.  I don't think the comfort level or height of the shoe is practical for anything more than minimal standing. 

Would I recognize the Paula shoe as an item from the Baby Phat brand?
If I didn’t know these shoes were from Baby Phat, I would most likely assume that they would be from another store I have frequented in the past that sometimes offer shoes with a similar aesthetic such as Steve Madden, Nine West or Aldo. These shoes have slightly changed my perception of the brand mainly because I was not previously aware that Baby Phat offered a shoe line to be quite honest. I have typically thought that Baby Phat focused on a younger demographic (teens, early 20-somethings), so when I have done shoe shopping recently, I have not thought to see what Baby Phat had to offer. I have purchased other Baby Phat products like fragrances on several occasions in the past though. The Paula shoe has made me reconsider the Baby Phat brand and I would be open to seeing other shoes that the brand offers.

Please note that I don’t accept payment for any reviews that appear on my blog or any other site such as Lucky Style Spotter where I have a presence. I only choose to review/discuss items that fit into my personal aesthetic or items that I think that readers would be interested in learning my point of view on.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At March 29, 2011 at 10:06 AM , Anonymous Lyddiegal said...

I think the shoes are cute, a clog/bootie/sandal hybrid of sorts which certainly fit into what is trendy right now. I'd definitely wear them!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

I never thought of them as a clog/bootie/sandal hybrid, but that's a great description! I look forward to wearing them without tights when it's warmer : )

 
At March 29, 2011 at 10:56 PM , Anonymous Melanie said...

Very cute clogs/heels/booties!

 
At March 29, 2011 at 11:01 PM , Anonymous Brittneynsmart said...

those are so cute, and, like you pointed out, absolutely versatile. what a great pair of shoes (booties? clogs? sandals? what to call them?)! good find.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (my daily outfit blog; giveaway going on now!)

 
At April 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

I had no idea Baby Phat had a shoe line either, those are super cute! Also I love this outfit. The bold jewelry + sequins + leather (? currently contactless and sight impaired) = fab!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Anonymous Morgan Fairchild said...

Love those shoes- and the whole outfit. How fun that you're a Lucky Alpha Shopper. I'm jealous! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home