<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: 10 of 30: Evolving Influence

Saturday, February 12, 2011

10 of 30: Evolving Influence

On Thursday I made another trip to NYC to attend the Independent Fashion Bloggers Evolving Influence Conference. The conference was great! I met some great bloggers I recognized and some pretty cool one's I wasn't familiar with. The panelists and speakers offered a wealth of information. The panel moderators were just as informative as the panelists! I literally have pages of notes from the speakers!

10-of-30

I have to say the highlight of the day for me was hearing the designers of Proenza Schouler, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez speak about how they research inspiration for their collections, the rising influence of bloggers in the fashion sphere and how they use technology and social media in their business. Good stuff!

I highly suggest that you view the whole livestream if you weren't able to attend. I was a bit bummed that I wasn't able to stay over for the second day of workshops, I was so looking forward to hearing what Gala Darling had to say! But I am happy that I was able to attend the conference overall, it was worth the trip. I feel grateful that I live close enough to NYC that a day trip is possible.

Mai Le of Fashionist was kind enough to take my photos in the cold on Thursday morning. As you can tell from the second photo, it was pretty windy (and cold) that day.

IMG_1810


My outfit was a combination of some of my favorite items that I chose for the 30 for 30. As much as I love this skirt, seeing how it flew up in the wind on Thursday makes me wonder if I'll actually wear it without tights when the warmer weather arrives...

I've been so busy this week that my Friend Friday post along with the others I had planned to do just didn't happen, but I'll get back on track next week.

Have a lovely weekend!

Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Go Jane
Earrings: Amani Ju DC



Currently listening to: 'Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down ' by Alicia Keys

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM , Anonymous Alex Elizabeth said...

Brrr I know, it was so cold on Thursday! But you look great! I love the movement of that skirt... have I told you that before? You could always try it with a pretty (and opaque) vintage slip in the spring!

 
At February 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM , Anonymous ShenDove said...

Thanks! It was definitely cold on Thursday but it turned out to be a beautiful, sunny day.
I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind for the spring! I never thought of wearing the skirt that way.

 
At February 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Anonymous Melissa said...

I love that top!

So happy for you that you were able to attend so many conferences and meet people! That sounds like a ton of fun.

 
At February 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Anonymous LOLBeauty said...

I loved your shoes when I first saw them at IFB! It was nice meeting you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home