<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: 30 for 30: Day 9

Thursday, July 22, 2010

30 for 30: Day 9




My Mom sent me this article today on people curbing their urge to buy clothes by limiting themselves to 6 pieces of clothing for a month which is considerably more stringent than the 30 for 30 challenge I'm participating in. I guess I could restrict myself to 6 items of clothing for a month, but I really wouldn't want to unless I was backpacking to one of my dream travel destinations and didn't want to carry too much stuff for the duration of the trip. Come to think of it, spending a solid month traveling sounds fun! I'd definitely sacrifice clothing variety to take a trip to somewhere like Paris, Cape Town, Toronto, Costa Rica or one of the other numerous places on my travel wish list. I think I'll add it to my 'bucket' list of things to do before I turn 30 in a few years...

Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Target
Belt: Nordstrom (BP Junior's)

Do you think you could limit yourself to 6 clothing items for a month for any reason?


30 for 30 Banner

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At July 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM , Blogger ABIGAIL NY said...

great chic outfit!
good luck with the 30 for 30 thingy, seems fun!
and love your choice with the shoes with those clothes!lovely
loving you blog!and I want to see how the 30 for 30 thingy goes for you...so I'm following!:)

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com
visit, comment and hopefully follow.XOXX!

 
At July 22, 2010 at 11:53 PM , Blogger yettie said...

Is that like only shop for 6 pieces every month? LOL! As always, your outfit combination rocks.
olusola, www.mammalooka.com

 
At July 23, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

@ Abigail NY Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I'll follow your blog as well!

@Olusola Thanks for stopping by! That 6 item challenge seems tough, doesn't it? According to the article you're limited to 6 clothing items not including shoes and accessories.

 
At July 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Saw this via Flickr and love it. Cute skirt!

 
At July 24, 2010 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

@Sara Thanks!

 
At January 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

great chic outfit!
good luck with the 30 for 30 thingy, seems fun!
and love your choice with the shoes with those clothes!lovely
loving you blog!and I want to see how the 30 for 30 thingy goes for you...so I'm following!:)

http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com
visit, comment and hopefully follow.XOXX!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home