<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: What I Wish I Wore: Date Nite

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What I Wish I Wore: Date Nite

Dress: Modcloth
Shoes: Endless
Earrings: JessLC
Locket: Modcloth
Clutch: Endless

This dress caught my eye because it looks like it could easily transition from day to evening with a cardigan or blazer and different accessories. My self-imposed one month shopping hiatus is getting to me. I find myself staring wistfully at my closet each morning wishing there was something new (or new to me) in there. I have successfully stayed out of my favorite 'brick and mortar' stores for most of the month, but window shopping on the Internet is another story...temptation is everywhere. If I can make it through Memorial Day weekend without any clothing purchases, I'll be home free!

I was prompted to lessen my spending after looking at my purchases through Mint and realizing that I had very little to show for the money leaving my checking account. Though I didn't deprive myself, I really tried to think about my purchases more this month and ask myself if I really needed the item I was considering. Though I plan to get a few items, I'm going to keep my 'spending awareness' up during the month of June and will make an effort to make my money stretch as far as possible. I think some thrifting is in order...I usually just save my thrifting for when I'm Philly visiting family, but I'll have to find some spots to go to in DC. Suggestions are welcome!

Do you implement shopping 'pauses' to get your spending in balance?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 26, 2010 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Oh to Be a Muse said...

i can definitely see this outfit together. i especially think that clutch is perfect with the dress.

and i'm kinda on a spending hiatus right now--until june. so anything you see on my blog was purchased just before my spending hiatus commenced. :)

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

 
At May 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

@Cheryl I'm happy to know I'm not the only one, it's all about balance : )

 
At May 28, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Jess Constable said...

Aw! Thanks so much for featuring the State St. Large Eye Earrings! I am so glad you like them :).

Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

 
At May 29, 2010 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Ana said...

Ohhh that clutch is heaven:)

You wishes are so fashionable :)
xo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home