<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.shendove.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Shen Dove Style: Recent Thrifted Finds: Yellow Dress

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Recent Thrifted Finds: Yellow Dress

On a recent trip to New York, I purchased this dress from Beacon's Closet in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Please excuse the slight wrinkles in this dress. In my excitement to try it on, I forgot to iron it. I love Beacon's Closet and the Buffalo Exchange. The Philly location of the Buffalo Exchange which I visit on trips home is so-so to me, but the Brooklyn location is great! For me, both stores rival each other for my favorite clothing exchange/thrift/vintage stores. I usually find at least one hidden treasure when I visit either of these stores.

I really want to make an effort to shop more consciously and shop at more thrift stores and reasonably priced vintage stores. It's a 'greener' way to shop and can sometimes be economically. Wearing used clothing does not bother me at all. I like that some of my clothing has a history and that I've giving it another lease on life by wearing it after someone else has decided to part with it. I'm going to start scouting out more thrift stores in my city, if I come across any good ones, I'll definitely give them a shout-out on this blog for any people who live in or visit Washington, DC.

I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this yellow dress this summer. I love dresses because they require it's only one step to get dressed! I decided to limit my purchases to only essential items this month, but next month, I'll definitely be on the lookout for more warm weather appropriate dresses.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At May 6, 2010 at 1:21 PM , Blogger PearlsandPeepToes said...

cute dress, and what a gorgeous color!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Oh to Be a Muse said...

this is a great dress and the color looks great on you!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

 
At May 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Chic Therapy said...

looks gorgeous on you

 
At May 6, 2010 at 2:10 PM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

@Chic Therapy, @Cheryl Clarke, @PearlsandPeepToes Thanks! Yellow is one of my favorite colors to wear, I should remember to wear it more often.

 
At May 8, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Ms. Shopportunity said...

What a great find! It looks adorable on you too!

 
At May 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM , Blogger eemusings said...

What a great find! Yellow and orange are two colours I simply can't wear sadly :(

 
At January 15, 2011 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Shen Dove said...

What a great find! Yellow and orange are two colours I simply can't wear sadly :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home